[lit-ideas] Re: Anscombe Society threats

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 01:38:31 -0500

>>At the moment, RG's polls appear to be tanking. On the other hand, Forbes is once again floating the Mike Bloomberg as Independent candidate scenario, claiming that MB is ready to announce just after February 5, when he's seen who the competition will be.

Bloomberg is good too, but he's not an innovator. He's the guy who comes in after Giuliani has cleaned up the mess and builds from Giuliani's successes. I wouldn't be averse to Bloomberg either -- party affiliation is not a big deal to me -- but if I had to choose between Beethoven and Brahms, I would choose Beethoven.

If RG's polls are tanking -- it may be as I wrote earlier -- that he's too smart for the electorate. Too New York.