[lit-ideas] Re: Advent Poem

  • From: "Julie Krueger" <juliereneb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 16:51:22 -0500

Nothing will match the pure elegance of the coffee bean.  Save, perhaps,
coffee beans lavishly coated in deep, dark chocolate, and kept in the
freezer.

One must, however, exercise restraint.

I learned the hard way -- not one to do much of anything half-way, my first
taste involved a large handful.

I was awake for a month, I think.

Does anyone else find their tolerance for coffee abating at some point? For
20 years I was an entire pot (4 very large mugs) of coffee a day person.
One day a few months ago I sort of just forgot to brew the coffee and I've
drunk maybe 6 cups since.  I don't miss it, which possibly should scare me.

Julie Krueger