[lit-ideas] Re: Advent Poem

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 21:43:56 -0500

Irene:
Sorry, Mike.  I see
the springtime images and also the timeless images.
You are the poet laureate around here Mike.  Truly.

Thank you, Irene, but I was just playing off Robert Paul's facetious reference to me as a Seattle poet. It amused me and so I chose to respond by going with his use of "advent" which, capitalized, is a liturgical feast in the Catholic Church beginning the month before Christmas -- the "Anticipation" would be a better name -- clerical vestment colors are purple during Advent which might well have been a cryptic reference, but I'm not responsible for others' ignorance of Catholic liturgy.

I never ever question what anyone else says they see in anything I've written -- who am I to argue? I have no idea what I'm "saying", I'm just having fun. Which I thought was what I was saying.

Mike Geary
just grateful to be read.
Memphis

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andy" <mimi.erva@xxxxxxxxx>