[lit-ideas] Re: A Question

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 15:04:57 -0500

At 02:52 PM 12/22/2005, you wrote:

Anyone read _Yellow Dog_ by Martin Amis? Seems to begin in that circle of hell where his _Money_ left off. Anyone remember the woman in _Money_ whose sole life ambition, whose art, was to be a color-glossy spread?

I [in retrospect, laughingly] suggested "Yellow Dog" for a - rather conservative -- reading group I'm in. I read it twice, couldn't get enough of it. Others, hmmm... not so much. I thought the accents were completely amazingly constructed -- especially the way he spelled everything. Altogether a great, debauched read.

currently reading my second houellebecq in a month. Anyone know when the new one will finally be translated and available?

Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx
Kingsville, ON, Canada