[lit-ideas] Re: A Question

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 09:16:52 -0500

---- Original Message -----
From: Stan Spiegel
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 12/21/2005 11:58:59 PM
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: A Question

AA: My question is, do men really like that stuff?  Or do they think they have
to like it so they're thought of as "normal".  Do men really get turned on by
someone scantily dressed saying, What would you do if you found me under the
Christmas tree?  I remember hearing Bill Buckley on this subject a while ago,
and he said he was repelled by pictures of explicit sex.

SS: Hey, Bill Buckley is a Conservative Republican. Conservatives, after all,
are much more repressed.

AA:   What does "repressed" mean?  Not peeing on a busy sidewalk?

I'm a liberal. I love explicit sex. I love implicit sex. I just love sex. Sex
is one of the (nay, THE) greatest inventions of all time. I like it with my
eyes closed. I like it with my eyes open. I like it demure. I like it coy. I
like it bold and scantily clad. I like it with clothes on or off. But then I'm
a Mainer.

AA:  Sex is great, but when one lives and breathes something, including sex, it
might be time to get a life.  Or maybe time to become a Muslim and move to
Saudi Arabia and get a harem.

Stan Spiegel
horny in Maine
Portland

I'm just wondering.  I just went into the Maxim page Maureen mentioned.  My
question is, do men really like that stuff?  Or do they think they have to like
it so they're thought of as "normal".  Do men really get turned on by someone
scantily dressed saying, What would you do if you found me under the Christmas
tree?  I remember hearing Bill Buckley on this subject a while ago, and he said
he was repelled by pictures of explicit sex.  Of course, this isn't explicit
sex, not even porn.  Even so, do guys really like stuff like that?  Is the
salaryman/geisha a guy's idea of nirvana?  Or am I asking stupid questions?