[lit-ideas] Re: A Question

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 09:15:49 -0500

My question is,
> > do men really like that stuff?
>
> You really don't want to know the answer to this.

Yeah, I do.  I think a big reason why people do things is because everybody
else is doing it and because people think they have to do it too.  People
run into machine guns, report to get executed, saddle themselves with
monstrous debt to impress someone, you name it.  Sex is also an obsession.
When people obsess about something, they don't think about how shitty
they're feeling.  Tell me sex isn't an obsession.

In keeping with the times, Maxim dropped any pretense of being a vehicle
for literature.  They're successful because they know that people are
nothing more than butt sniffing animals; dogs from the neck down, sheep
from the neck up.  The end of the line of this kind of thing is a
salarymen/geisha existence.  Is that what men really want?  Obviously they
do, even as they're not very careful what they wish for.  I guess I'm one
of the lucky few who has a man with both a dick and a brain.