[linux-avc2210k] Re: Success with latest adaptec (v1.3) firmware

  • From: "j t" <mark473@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: linux-avc2210k@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 17:33:51 +0100

On 4/6/07, Dr J A Gow <J.A.Gow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 2007-04-06 at 11:20 +0100, j t wrote:
> On 4/4/07, Dr J A Gow <J.A.Gow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >         If you, or anyone else would like to volunteer to help to write some
> > decent docs for this driver, please feel free. I would welcome it and
> > the docs would certainly be distributed with the package.
>
> Willl do. Is the behaviour of your "unstable development tree"
> sufficiently close to that of the last stable release to mean that the
> same documentation would apply equally well to both? (if not, could
> you please send me a copy of your latest?)

Thanks for the offer - it's much appreciated.

John,

As promised, please find attached a possible README for the driver.
Please feel free to hack it to pieces as you feel fit.

It's also worth noting that there are 3 parts of the README which
could be deleted once the driver has been updated:

a) modifying the offsets in /etc/multiload.conf for the new 1.3 firmware, and
b) modifying the path to the multiload executable in
/etc/udev/rules.d/70-multiload.rules
c) creation of /etc/udev/rules.d/70-avc2210k.rules

(In fact, there's also the bit about the creation of the "extra"
folder in /lib/modules/<ver>, but that would require a reworking of
the makefile).

HTH, Jaime :-)