[linux-avc2210k] Re: Success with latest adaptec (v1.3) firmware

  • From: Dr J A Gow <J.A.Gow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: linux-avc2210k@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 14:48:05 +0100

On Fri, 2007-04-06 at 11:20 +0100, j t wrote:
> On 4/4/07, Dr J A Gow <J.A.Gow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >         If you, or anyone else would like to volunteer to help to write some
> > decent docs for this driver, please feel free. I would welcome it and
> > the docs would certainly be distributed with the package.
>
> Willl do. Is the behaviour of your "unstable development tree"
> sufficiently close to that of the last stable release to mean that the
> same documentation would apply equally well to both? (if not, could
> you please send me a copy of your latest?)

Thanks for the offer - it's much appreciated.

It's not that much different from a user's perspective. The shared
library API may change a little, but not heavily. I am also going to
improve the build system to try and eliminate some of the
platform-related issues. Most of the changes are internal, such as
moving more code out of the kernel module and into userspace.

> Also, on a kind of unrelated note, are you aware of the existence of
> the fxload package:
> (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=17679&package_id=44854)
> I ask, as its purpose seems similar to that of multiload (I'm just not
> sure yet exactly _how_ similar).

It's an old package that can read only .hex files and requires scripting
to implement with hotplug. Multiload integrates with hotplug and udev,
and can read data from .hex and windows .sys files (if the offsets are
known), also from binary images and allows more control over how the
device is programmed.

        John.