[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: chinese braille and liblouis

  • From: James Teh <jamie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 12:44:40 +1000

On 9/06/2009 10:21 AM, John J. Boyer wrote:
Well, we may need two versions of the Windows binary. Some people do
need to use 32-bit Unicode characters. But it is true that any table
with such characters will be rejected by a version of liblouis compiled
for 16-bit Unicode.
John, any chance of making liblouis just ignore rules with 32 bit unicode characters for 16 bit unicode builds?

Given that Chinese braille seems to require 32 bit unicode, this would seem to infer that the Chinese character set requires 32 bit unicode. Therefore, I have no idea how Windows handles Chinese, as it is only 16 bit unicode. In any case, there's little point in us talking to liblouis in 32 bit unicode if we never actually receive 32 bit unicode from Windows. Or perhaps I'm missing something?

--
James Teh
Email/MSN Messenger/Jabber: jamie@xxxxxxxxxxx