[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: SV: Translation problems with some tables

  • From: Daniel Dalton <daniel.dalton10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 10:27:48 +1000

Hi Bue,
Thanks for the clarification.
Do you know how I can find out what tables don't yet support back
translation? Or is it just a case of testing each one individually.
Can I assume that back translation should work for all computer Braille
tables?

What is required to get the tables working with back translation? Is it
just a matter of update the ctb files? How much effort is generally
involved in implementing this and what's the best way to test it all works
correctly?

Finally, do you know of any other projects that use liblouis for it's back
translation service?

Thanks,
Daniel

On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 6:22 AM, Bue Vester-Andersen <bue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

wrote:

Hi Daniel,

I think that many of the tables in liblouis have not been designed with
back-translation in mind. Probably, the reason is that they were designed
for use with a library service or in a Braille embosser, so
back-translation would not be a big issue. However, I think it is something
that we should take more seriously as liblouis is getting more popular with
both screen readers and note-takers.

Currently, all the Danish tables have good back-translation. I am going to
do what I can over time to help improve back-translation for other tables
as well. However, I have quite a heap of projects on my hands at the
moment. So I can't make any specific promises.

Best regards Bue