[liblouis-liblouisxml] Translation problems with some tables

  • From: Daniel Dalton <daniel.dalton10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 23:59:07 +1000

Hello,
I'm writing an app that relies on loui for back translation. It works fine
with the English tables. However, having trouble with Polish and Spanish.
Firstly I do not use either of these codes, so they are issues reported by
users, but I can reproduce. They are having trouble typing punctuation like
. , ? !

For example in Polish if I do lou_translate from my console on Linux
forward translation a "." should be in Braille as ' or dot 3. If I then
forward translate this ' it just returns '
In Polish when I back translate some letters like a b c through j it would
return the numbers 1 2 ... 9 and 0. I fixed this by making the change of
removing the include digits6Dots.uti and replacing it with litdigits6Dots.
uti. Not even sure if this is correct.

Finally, when I programatically back translate with the java wrapper I some
times get back the dot number where something has no corresponding
translation. For instance if I pass dot 7 by its own and it has no
corresponding symbol in that braille table it'll return "7". Will I just
need to write my own logic to not show this to my user?

Thanks in advance for any help with any of this.
Daniel