[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Louis

  • From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 09:10:24 +0100

Hi

"John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Thanks for your detailed reply. I would hesitate to use gnulib in the
> libraries, since it is GPL.

Gnulib consists of many modules. Some of them are GPL and many that make
more sense in a library setting are LGPL. Of course if I'd integrate
gnulib into the library I'd only use LPGL'ed modules. You can do this by
specifying the --lgpl option when importing the modules. It will then
only import modules that are LGPL.

For the tools I wanted some modules that are only available under GPL.
That's why I advocated the license change for the tools.