[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Louis

  • From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ken Perry <kperry@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 15:31:10 +0100

Hi

Ken Perry <kperry@xxxxxxx> writes:
> Ok I just had a look at our build system. We do not have help2man nor
> do we want to have to put it on the device. I can compile it but I
> would rather not make the man files if I don't have to. This goes back
> to the original request of not having ot make the docs, and the man
> files. Of course I am not sure what the build system should do if
> help2man is not found but failing like it does probably is not the
> right thing.

The liblouis build system checks if it can find help2man on the machine
where you are building the software. If it finds it it uses it to
generate the man pages. If it doesn't it simply doesn't build the man
pages. This is why the official tar ball from John doesn't have any man
pages. He doesn't have help2man.

Now in your case it does seem to have help2man (check the output from
configure) and invokes it. However help2man fails as it can not invoke
the (cross-compiled) binaries.

I just checked in a change to configure.ac that should fix this. Can you
try to check out from svn and see if this solves your problem?