[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Japanese language support

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 00:23:31 -0500

Looking at your patch, I realize that the lou_translate tool needs a
thorough update. It was written before there was a mode parameter and
before there were position arrays or a cursor position. It needs a new
-m parameter for specifying the mode, and it needs to use the
lou_translate and lou_backTranslate functions. I can't make any
promises, since there are many higher-priority items.

In addition, you won't want to use the lou_translate tool for anything
more than testing. For production you need liblouisutdml which does
formatting and does support mode.

There will soon be a new release of BrailleBlaster It is still in a very
early stage of development, but you will be able to use the trranslate
subcommand to get the full power of liblouisutdml.

John