[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Installation on Mac OS X bug?

  • From: Bert Frees <bert.frees@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 19:11:43 +0200

It worked!

I think you were right about the change of search order at some points in the process.

Thanks a lot!

I guess the mac-osx-10.5 directory can be removed now.

Bert

Op 27-aug-10, om 18:25 heeft Greg Williams het volgende geschreven:

Hi Bert,
I'm somewhat puzzled now. It appears that it is getting confused by what version of libxml2 to use. The include statements are "-I/usr/ include/libxml2", as though it should be installed in /usr, but in the dynamic linking when it explicitly defines the libraries, it uses "/usr/local/lib/libxml2.dylib" which is the /usr/local library. From your earlier email BASE_DEPENDENCIES_CFLAGS = -I/usr/local/include/libxml2 -I/usr/ local/include/liblouis I would have expected the include to be "-I/usr/local/include/ libxml2" which would have matched the dynamic linking. I wonder if you copied the earlier line incorrectly. My best suggestion for fixing the problem is to uninstall libxml2 from /usr/local and then configure and install liblouisxml. Then re- install libxml2 in /usr/local if you need it. They should be able to coexist with pkg-config picking up the one from /usr/local by default, but because of the order of path searching, it is possible that /usr and /usr/local are somehow getting searched in a different order at some step in the process. In short, I don't know exactly what is happening is happening, but uninstalling libxml2 from /usr/local should unconfuse it.
I hope that works,
Greg