[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Installation on Mac OS X bug?

  • From: Greg Williams <greg.williams.1978@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 15:04:18 -0500

Hi Bert,
I think that I was able to get liblouisxml to install by hacking the makefile, but the Mac Makefile isn't really necessary. I was able to get it to install without it by installing pkg-config on the Mac (just as Michel's instructions do for windows). It has been a while since I got this to work, but if someone will confirm that it works for them on their mac, then the special mac directory should be able to be removed.

1. Download pkg-config from http://pkg-config.freedesktop.org/releases/
(I downloaded .23). Uncompress it and install with
tar xfz pkg-config-0.23.tar.gz
cd pkg-config-0.23
./configure
make
sudo make install
This should by default install it in /usr/local; if you install in / usr, I think you should be able to skip the next step. 2. cd to the liblouisxml directory and add the following line to the autogen.sh file before the autoreconf line.
aclocal -I /usr/local/share/aclocal

(There should be a more permanent way to add this path, but I wasn't able to figure it out.)
Run ./autogen.sh
3. Then just install as normal; ./configure; make; sudo make install

Like I said, it has been a while since I got it to install, but this should work. If it doesn't work, let me know, and if anyone knows of a less hackish way of doing it, let me know.
Greg

On Aug 26, 2010, at 1:00 PM, Bert Frees wrote:

Hi,

Today I tried to install liblouisxml again on my Mac, but this time it failed. My guess is that it got something to do with "transcriber.h", which was removed in revision 172 (november 2009). I think "mac-osx-10.5/Makefile" is outdated, because it still contains some lines with "transcriber.h" in it.

Bert