[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Grade 2 and single letters

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 04:26:45 -0500

The BANA rules on whether to use the letter sign on a letter before a
period are a good example of rules that cannot be implemented in a
computer program because they require human knowledge and judgment. The
best that can be done is to handle the most likely cases. Important
special cases might also be handled with the context and pass2 opcodes.

john