[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Contractions near a slash

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <johnjboyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 23:40:48 -0600

Forward translation will always take priority, but there are now users
who are concerned about back-translation.

There are rules for translating the occasional mathematical expressions
within literary texts. Strictly speaking, they should be translated with
the Nemeth Code. The liblouis tables have been tweaked to give a
reasonable translation. The same is true of other translators. As might
be expected, such tweaks can produce odd results in back-translation. To
get an accurate translation of math expressions, even simple ones, they
would have to be expressed in MathML and parsed by liblouisxml.

John