[leveller] Re: Scripting

  • From: "Adam Hauldren" <adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leveller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 10:24:57 +0100

>> btw, I got a crash on trying to load a 10K LEV (output
>> from Global Mapper). do you want any more details or
>> should we file it under 32 bit, blah blah. There was
>> only a Microsoft dialog anyway, that's about it.

> If you mean it's 10000 x 10000 pixels, and you have
> enough RAM, you may need to enable the 3-gig switch
> (/largeaddressaware or something like that) for the
> leveller.exe file.

The way to do it is to edit the boot.ini file, and add /3gb to the end of
the line containing the ARC path which points at your WinXP install.

Here's the MS references if you need the specifics:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/win64/win64
/wow64_implementation_details.asp

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/833721

Hope this helps