[LRflex] Re: article from Amateur photographer

  • From: "Bille Xavier F." <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 21:15:39 +0200

Thanks to all for helping out the subject.

I had in hope that the magazine would show interesting bits. However, I'll
see to buy itmaybe. It would be nicer to buy the copy of the magazine
though.

I wonder if the journalist has a kind of "double entendre" about the 3
cameras.

Knowing the magazine, I would not be surprised if they qualify the 3 cam as
"camera are most flimsy, er sorry, most filmic I mean, er...."

All right.

My understated opinion about the Digilux acquired is that the "bokeh" of the
lens is nice. This means to me that I could detach my subject from the
bckground (a little too much for the Ganesh but I intended this).

In comparison I did a photo with the A710 Canon which was equally good but
all was in focus and a lot more noise at ISO800 (DIGILUX3, Iso1600).
Although the diaphragm was 2.8

I don't say buy the Digilux, I'm saying, look, what I can make out of it.

On advice from Phileca, I have ordered an adaptor for my Leica R lenses,
we'll try.

From the site summilux.net (French) they are putting down the Digilux3, as
it was the M5. Well I cannot blame them, anyway I don' see why.

But one guy, said: Digilu3=Leica CL des temps modernes, indeed, it is a
remake of the minolta/leica venture.
The leica CL outsold the M5 in those days.

Today, it is rather different.

My opinion is that the coming Olympus are going to be very good. And the
lens range also.

I have requested the four/third org to send the documents for the
communication between the body and the lens, copy to leica support, NO
answer.

Who can help out here?

I mean, if we can build a focus confirmation adaptor for the four third, our
Leica R lens, especially the 80-200 f/4 is a real killer in terms of
wildlife photo. David shows us what are the results

The com between lthe lens and body is an serial Parallel interface, easy to
master with any NEC 4bits processor. We can even desing a link to the ROM
lenses.
Okay, my job is embedded software engineer, It's kind of thing in my scope.

Only, if Leica could communicate a little more here.....

What ever.

Sorry, I hd not the nerve to go to the rivr Marne and take a set of pix to
the "peniches", the transport boats here. Insh'allah tomorrow.

stay put
Xavier F. BILLE
Maisons-Alfort - France.