[LRFlex] Re: Why stay with film?

  • From: "steverose108" <steverose108@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 20:42:17 -0700

Absolutely valid reasons for digital and none of us film types should be hatin'
on anyone using them, they are a great tool when appropriate... I confess that
I use on myself for internet auction listings and had my daughter train with
it for a good long time to get the hang of photography before fitting her out
with a film camera. She is an amazing artist in several media, especially
sculpture and pen-and-ink, and is already a great photographer. I think real
artists can make great art with any tool you give them, they just have the eye.
Unfortunately, however, she burns through film enthusiastically as if the
exposures were free as they are on digital! I guess my plan backfired... S