[LRFlex] Re: Why stay with film?

  • From: Doug Herr <telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 19:38:24 -0700

on 9/20/04 5:10 PM, David Young at dnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Steve Rose wrote (in part):
>

>> Still, it seems that there are some members of this group who are of an age
>> and income that allow them to easily afford the best digital gear...
>> <snip> yet
>> they still stay with Leica film cameras, is this because they still feel the
>> results are superior, or just enjoy shooting with this fine equipment?
>

> Yes. On both counts.

I don't have enough experience with good digital cameras to conclude which
give better results, but I enjoy using the film equipment particularly the
Leicaflexes and I like having a tangible master image (a slide or neg) I can
see with my eyes.  I especially like it if the master image is a Kodachrome.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

    www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm