[LRFlex] Re: Why stay with film?

  • From: "andy Wagner" <yxandy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 22:13:34 -0500

I have come to be very comfortable with the older gear. Also foud that in an effort to make the new cameras simple they have complicated them beyond belief. It takes two hands a thumb and the eye chasing a little red dot just to set the proper auto focus point on the EOS. What came as simply clearing the microprism, matching the needle and paddle and adjusting your brain for proper exposure is now P:AV:TV:and four or five more priorities. By the time I figured all this out and which mode to use I could have shot eight or nine frames without the motordrive. Whilst I don't have the instant gratification of seeing my image in the preview screen right away I love the ease and simplicity of the old Leicas Compose, match and shoot.

They can have my Leica when they can pry it from my cold dead hands

> Steve Rose wrote (in part):
>

>> Still, it seems that there are some members of this group who are of an age
>> and income that allow them to easily afford the best digital gear...
>> <snip> yet
>> they still stay with Leica film cameras, is this because they still feel the
>> results are superior, or just enjoy shooting with this fine equipment?
>

> Yes. On both counts.

Regards
Andy