[LRflex] Re: Was OT-Micro 4/3rds.... NOW - Happy Landings.

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 15:45:23 -0700

At 9/22/2009, you wrote:
For what it's worth - Eagle suffered quite a bit of damage this past May during the ice breakup on the Yukon River. A number of homes were destroyed, as well as most of the waterfront buildings in the historic 'downtown' district. My wife and I visited to help with the rebuild effort for a few days in August. Didn't take either of the Leicas with, but do have a small photo collection showing some of the damage and the community in general -

<http://www.flickr.com/photos/zachz/sets/72157621956704921/>http://www.flickr.com/photos/zachz/sets/72157621956704921/

Cheers,
Zach

Good on you, Zach, for helping in the reconstruction of Eagle. Like Charlie, I was unaware of the damage.... though I guess I'd have known if I weren't living "outside".

BTW: Do they still use the term "outside"?

David Young
Logan Lake, Canada.

Wildlife Photos: www.furnfeather.net
Rodeo Photos: www.galleries.furnfeather.net