[LRflex] Re: Was: No R solution. NOW: Numbers.

  • From: "William B. Abbott III" <captbilly3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 15:23:46 -0700

Rob,

I remember because the M4 I inherited from my dad in 1973 had a 135mm Hector SM
lens with an adapter to enable it to be mounted in an M-mount camera. You can
still buy such an adapter today and use your SM lenses on M bodies, all the way
to M9 I believe, though I'm not sure about the M9; it may be M-mount only.

So, the M-Mount did not obsolete all the SM lenses. SM owners went on using
them.

Others will know more about it than me.

Best,

Bill