[LRflex] Re: Was Flying Lessons, now 80-200mm

  • From: Walter Kramer <walter.kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 21:39:45 +1000

Aram,

I suppose it's pointless to say that one can always revert to 35mm.  I
often feel a certain liberation when I only have the R5 or R7.  You take
the shot and move on, no review, no thoughts about how to make it better
and you are psychologically ready and open for the next opportunity.

There is a certain enforced discipline because you have to wait to see
the results, there is nothing you can do but wait, so in a strange way
you are free.  Also, I tend to take just that little bit more care with
the shot.

I find shooting film a totally different experience to shooting digital,
however, that may have something to do with the fact that my living does
not depend on producing pictures ... I have a normal 9-5 job which takes
care of that.

Walter

On Wed, 2009-08-05 at 08:42 -0700, Aram Langhans wrote:
> I miss using my R8.  I take it out every so often and handle it, hoping the
> 8 will turn into a 10 and I'll be set.  Oh well.
>
> Aram

Walter Krämer
walter.kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxx
walter.kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx