[LRflex] Re: Try a Novoflex Kit

  • From: Doug Herr <wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 08:44:21 -0500 (EST)

Chris L wrote:

>Here are the pictures of the Leica/Novoflex "Frankenstein" Telyt 400..
>(Pictures aren't so good: Very dark day, so had to photograph with normal
>indoor lighting).
>
>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v22/Zotty/Telyt1.jpg
>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v22/Zotty/Telyt2.jpg
>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v22/Zotty/Telyt3.jpg
>
>I assume the lens end has a normal Telyt mount / is a normal Telyt 400 (Doug?).
>
>While the bellows is great for close focusing, I'm looking for a tube to
>replace it (or an entire rear tube) in order to save weight & space for most
>uses.
>The interchangeable camera mount is the classic Novoflex one.
>
>A previous owner had applied tape to joins, screw heads and parts vulnerable
>to bumps. I liked the idea and added some gaffer's tape to the focusing lock
>to help keep dust & water out.

Fascinating!  The 400mm f/6.8 lens head is unmodified, so the normal 560mm
f/6.8 lens head will fit perfectly.  If the tripod mount were slightly modified
with grooves along the sides it could serve as a Arca-type QR mount as well.
Thanks for showing us, Chris.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com