[LRflex] Re: Try a Novoflex Kit

  • From: Chris L <speleo_karst@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 05:18:57 -0800 (PST)

Hi David,

Here are the pictures of the Leica/Novoflex "Frankenstein" Telyt 400..
(Pictures aren't so good: Very dark day, so had to photograph with normal
indoor lighting).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v22/Zotty/Telyt1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v22/Zotty/Telyt2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v22/Zotty/Telyt3.jpg

I assume the lens end has a normal Telyt mount / is a normal Telyt 400 (Doug?).

While the bellows is great for close focusing, I'm looking for a tube to
replace it (or an entire rear tube) in order to save weight & space for most
uses.
The interchangeable camera mount is the classic Novoflex one.

A previous owner had applied tape to joins, screw heads and parts vulnerable to
bumps. I liked the idea and added some gaffer's tape to the focusing lock to
help keep dust & water out.

If anyone has seen something similar, please let me know.

Chris