[LRflex] The best camera...

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LRflex <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 08:03:11 -0700

is the one you have with you.

Last Friday, I had to make a quick trip into Kamloops (a 40 minute drive from
home) for diamond encrusted jigsaw blades. (Not available at our local store.)

Some 39km north of the Walloper Interchange (the Logan Lake exit), I was forced
to stop as a big GMC pickup towing a house trailer (a caravan, if you're in the
UK) lost control due to excessive speed. The trailer fishtailed to the point it
flipped over, taking the truck with it. Nobody was seriously hurt, though the
trailer was a write-off and the truck had it's driver's side rear wheel and
part of the axel torn right out of the vehicle! Traffic was boicked for over 2
hours, as the police and emergency crews looked after the people & debris,
before they could clear the road.

After a half hour, I managed to get my car turned around, drove up the shoulder
of the road for 600 feet or so, and then into the emergency access path that
crossed the median (for emergency vehicles only), returned to the Walloper
exchange and took the old Lac Le Jueune Road, into town. In all, it took me
about 1.5 hours to make a 35 minute trip!

Sadly, as I'd rushed out the door, I remembered my camera and then said to
myself "I don't need it. I'm just nipping into town for a quick errand."
Thus, a great photo opportunity and no camera. :-(

So, the best camera really is the one you have with you!

I'm feeling a wee bit chagrinned.

David.