[LRflex] Re: The best camera...

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 19:14:38 -0700

Not to worry, Bill. I've been called worse, believe me!

My problem is on the other side of the keyboard. An arthritic right hand ring
finger creates a great many more "L"s in a word than needed. I spend time
editing them out, but if you find some in my posts... well, it's not
intentional!

David.

David,

Why I keep typing "Davis" when I mean "David" is a mystery to these old
fingers, although my mother's maiden name was Davis and it is in my blood, so
to speak.

Apologies,

Bill

On Jul 27, 2015, at 10:39, William Abbott <bill2301@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Davis,

Re Ted's note. An old sea story:

A new ship's Captain arrived, relieved the old skipper and is looking at his
new desk. The lower drawer is locked; he has no key.

He calls the Yeomen and asks about it. The Yeoman says, "Sir, that's the
NROB file."

The new Captain says, "What is that?" and the Yeoman replies:

"It is the 'Never Received On Board' file and only the Captain had the key.
He forgot to give it to you."

This email is in my NROB file.

Bill

On Jul 27, 2015, at 08:03, David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

is the one you have with you.

Last Friday, I had to make a quick trip into Kamloops (a 40 minute drive
from home) for diamond encrusted jigsaw blades. (Not available at our
local store.)

Some 39km north of the Walloper Interchange (the Logan Lake exit), I was
forced to stop as a big GMC pickup towing a house trailer (a caravan, if
you're in the UK) lost control due to excessive speed. The trailer
fishtailed to the point it flipped over, taking the truck with it. Nobody
was seriously hurt, though the trailer was a write-off and the truck had
it's driver's side rear wheel and part of the axel torn right out of the
vehicle! Traffic was blocked for over 2 hours, as the police and emergency
crews looked after the people & debris, before they could clear the road.

After a half hour, I managed to get my car turned around, drove up the
shoulder of the road for 600 feet or so, and then into the emergency access
path that crossed the median (for emergency vehicles only), returned to the
Walloper exchange and took the old Lac Le Jueune Road, into town. In all,
it took me about 1.5 hours to make a 35 minute trip!

Sadly, as I'd rushed out the door, I remembered my camera and then said to
myself "I don't need it. I'm just nipping into town for a quick errand."
Thus, a great photo opportunity and no camera. :-(

So, the best camera really is the one you have with you!

I'm feeling a wee bit chagrinned.

David.