[LRflex] Re: The best camera...

  • From: Sonny Carter <sonc.hegr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LRF reflex <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 10:56:43 -0500

Although I almost always have my camera at least on board, if not on the
seat beside me, I have been know to say "I don't need it."

However, since I moved to the iPhone 6 plus I am always ready. I would say
that I use the camera in the gadget much more than I use it as a phone.

Approximate order I use applications:
camera
alarm clock/timer
notepad
email
GPS
weather forecast
radar
scanner
fax
internet browser
banking
grocery, pharmacy discount cards
calculator
Dish Anywhere (I watched the World Cup in the car last year)
text messages
phone

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 10:27 AM, Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

That really is the worst feeling.
R.

________________________________

What would men be without women?
Scarce, sir, mighty scarce.
- Mark Twain
________________________________

On Jul 27, 2015, at 11:03 AM, David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

is the one you have with you.

Last Friday, I had to make a quick trip into Kamloops (a 40 minute drive
from home) for diamond encrusted jigsaw blades. (Not available at our
local store.)

Some 39km north of the Walloper Interchange (the Logan Lake exit), I was
forced to stop as a big GMC pickup towing a house trailer (a caravan, if
you're in the UK) lost control due to excessive speed. The trailer
fishtailed to the point it flipped over, taking the truck with it. Nobody
was seriously hurt, though the trailer was a write-off and the truck had
it's driver's side rear wheel and part of the axel torn right out of the
vehicle! Traffic was boicked for over 2 hours, as the police and emergency
crews looked after the people & debris, before they could clear the road.

After a half hour, I managed to get my car turned around, drove up the
shoulder of the road for 600 feet or so, and then into the emergency access
path that crossed the median (for emergency vehicles only), returned to the
Walloper exchange and took the old Lac Le Jueune Road, into town. In all,
it took me about 1.5 hours to make a 35 minute trip!

Sadly, as I'd rushed out the door, I remembered my camera and then said to
myself "I don't need it. I'm just nipping into town for a quick errand."
Thus, a great photo opportunity and no camera. :-(

So, the best camera really is the one you have with you!

I'm feeling a wee bit chagrinned.

David.

Regards,

Sonny