[LRflex] Re: Summilux 25 manual focusing

  • From: phamard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 21:17:13 +0200

Hi Charlie,

Size: from what I saw of Howard's Summi (looks like a sumo - wink)  I woul=
dn't expect a 35 to be leaner - the D 25 is far from the M feel in any cas=
e. =

I use my R 24 Elmarit as a 50mm (F2.8 only that's true) but perfectly manu=
al , and not so bad in most cases. NO AF / no OIS. And, sure the bokeh is =
not that of a summi's. =

What Howard showed us has very fine rendition (I would have liked a bit of=
 colour testing though) and an undeniable Summi touch to his two portraits=
=2E

Yours
Phil...x