[LRflex] Some very old photos

  • From: KEITH LONGMORE <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 13:07:27 +0100

Folks
I said that I would post some of my photos from 40-odd years ago.  Well,
there are six newly posted!  www.gallery.leica-uers.org/v/keith+longmore/

These are all copies of glass-mounted slides, except one (The Barons'
Room, Raby Castle) so aren't anywhere near as sharp as the originals.
Maybe with practice, I can get better results.  But it doesn't really
matter, because and the other 2000 like them represent a probably unique
view of Britain's great houses as they were in the 1960s and early 70s.

The photo of Inverary castle, the home of the Campbells, was taken prior
to the disastrous fire of about 1972.  It has been restored, but it can
never be the same.  This is off the website:
"A popular tour stop, this castle is still the home for the chief of the
Campbell clan, also known as the Duke of Argyll. Only a portion of the
castle is open to the public and no cameras or video equipment are
allowed into the interior of the castle."  A very typical statement
nowadays.

I plan to put all of the photos onto CD or DVD.  Then I hope the
collection of slides can be given to a museum or the National Trust.

All of these photographs were taken with my Pentax S1 / Schacht Travegon
35mm/f3.5 combination; all were hand-held, at exposures up to 1 second.
And, in case you think that's why they aren't too sharp, the flash
pictures - a few taken, yes! - are no sharper after copying.

Enjoy.
Regards
Keith Longmore