[LRFlex] Re: Quiz of the week

  • From: "Douglas M. Sharp" <DouglasMSharp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 23:49:14 +0200

Please correct me If I'm wrong, isn't the aperture simulated by resistors in the metering system? so that we get, at the end of the day, more or less the same result.
The only "real" point of full open metering is that we can see what we're doing when setting up a shot.
BTW Doug, are you also keeping a photographic record of your SL repair adventure ? I'm
sure that it would be of great interest to quite a few of us SL owners.
Douglas

Doug Herr schrieb:

on 9/6/04 1:16 PM, Bille Xavier F. at hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

With a SLR we have an advantage (at least on the R3..R9, not sure about the
'Flex), light is measured at full aperture

Leicaflexes meter at full aperture too.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com