[LRFlex] Re: Quiz of the week

  • From: "Bille Xavier F." <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 20:16:51 +0000

Bravo Mon cher Doug!

This compliment gors to the other Doug as well!

Difficult to beat you all!

But I was not trying to make a point, just to have fun. The site about photogarphy is really interesting too. I'll probably spend some time looking at it. In fact, this thing aboutaperture and the like came to me last night.

With a SLR we have an advantage (at least on the R3..R9, not sure about the 'Flex), light is measured at full aperture while with the rangefinder, light is measured with true light. THe advantage is obvious when the light cell is not too sensibel like on a Leica CL.

Cheers.
---------------------------------
Xavier F. BILLE
Maisons-Alfort - France.

From: Doug Herr <telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [LRFlex] Re: Quiz of the week
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 06:21:01 -0700

on 9/6/04 12:58 AM, Bille Xavier F. at hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> We all read these numbers: 2, 2.8, 4, 5.6, ....
> What is the logic behind? Awswer at the end of the week...

square root of 2

    www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm