[LRflex] Re: Prince William's dream

  • From: Alex Hurst <corkflor@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 12:54:10 +0100

Elliot wrote in part:

>I have the D200 and some of the very excellent Nikon zoom and prime lenses.
>Might I say that the results with the camera surpass almost all of my
>expectations.  Enlargements ( so far only 12x20 ) are virtually perfect.

Out of interest, Elliot, are those RAW files or 10Mb JPEGs? FWIW I
find the JPEGs more than adequate for enlargements to the size you
suggest.

>I realize that many here say that the DMR is superior.  Not having a DMR, nor
>having the opportunity to see enlargements of photos taken with the DMR, I
>can only accept what my respected and talented colleagues have said.

I think there's no doubt that a DMR with Leica glass has the edge -
when it works.. :-)

>Nevertheless, should anyone here "settle" for the D200 then I can assure
>them that the camera is capable of doing far more then most of us can
>accomplish.

With this I also concur - I've found it to be thoroughly reliable,
easy to use, and it has no problem accepting a wide range of the best
manual focus Nikkors (or the worst for that matter... :-))

<snip>

>I'm still waiting for the R10....:}...

And when you've waited, there's the small matter of paying for it.....

Best

Alex
--
Alex & Carmel Hurst