[LRflex] Re: Prince William's dream

  • From: Jonathan Lee <jlee@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 15:24:33 -0400

William,

I like and use the Canon XTi as an R9/DMR companion.  The XTi and a
Canon 70-200 2.8 gets use for the kids sporting events (soccer and
water polo).  For this purpose, I love the AF and the 1.6X crop factor
works for me.  The XTi is very lightweight and compact.  With the 18-55
lens, it feels about the same weight as my M7/35 'lux  so you could
probably carry one around all day comfortably.   Having a built in
flash is very handy. Mine has taken a few hard knocks and seems none
the worse for it.  The viewfinder is OK and the image quality from the
sensor isn't bad. The ISO 1600 quality is not bad either.

I've never put R glass on it though.

Jonathan