[LRflex] Re: Prince William's dream

  • From: "Dr. Elliot Puritz" <drpuritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 10:02:10 -0400

Hello Alex:

I agree Alex...Jpeg images almost all....once in a while I will shoot RAW
just to see if I can see a difference....however, I really am not into
prolonged computer work ( I have taken up LF black and white work in
retirement, and I enjoy the challenge without undertaking yet another
impossible task! ) ), and so RAW is probably not "necessary".  I can do
almost everything I need to do in the very easy Nikon Picture Project
program.  If I need to do more serious image manipulation I'll bring the
card to my friend who will do some more "advanced" editing before sending
the image over to his service bureau for  enlargements and prints.

As for the R10....seriously conflicted Alex.  My gut feeling is that the
Nikon can easily do everything that I need to accomplish.  However, with my
R8/F9 bodies and all the Leica glass collected over the years-well, you get
my drift.  I do shoot, develop, and print my own black and white in 35mm,
and 120 so the gear won't be sitting unused.

By the way, I enjoy your pictures. Well done.

Elliot