[LRflex] Re: Possibly Stupid Scanner Question

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 11:50:17 -0800 (PST)

Ola Philippe,

>   Just to really confuse things some more - NOW! I can't find the
> 'colors' and 'visual banding' I have been puzzling over. Zero - zip
> - nada.

It started like this on mine too...

--- Sigh. I take that as not being a good long term sign for my own Epson. Such
is Life, I guess.
Maybe I'll get the Flatbed Film Scanning Processes figured out about the same
time I can't rely on my 4870 anymore!

> Allied Photo will scan a roll of film at a good usable resolution
> and at a high quality for 'abouts' 20 bucks for a 24 exp roll and
> throw in the film processing for free.

Thanks Richard,

I'm applying for a visa at once :-)

--- I apologize for presenting an option I have which isn't accessible for you.
Might there be a french film processing firm similar to what I 'have' in
Allied? Maybe in the Euro-zone somewhere?  Full Service Photo & Digital &
Printing Professional services must be needed in a corporate sense
-essentially- all over the world.

--- I'd skip the effort of a Visa. The upgrade to Allied Photo would also
entail a downgrade to our Healthcare 'system'. Definitely an unequal trade. :-)

No worry, I think I've scanned what I wanted to, and am now completely
digital, he said without the slightest regret in his voice...

--- I hear ya on the Regret side. The craft is so different between the two. In
many ways, I was ignoring for years  the intrinsic variabilities of Analogue
Films and Printing Processes.  Our tools were reliable in any sense of the word
based only on implicitly trusting Fuji-Kodak-Ilford et al having consistent
repeatable manufacturing processes and unswerving quality controls. The
curtains were pulled back forever when I dove into the 4x5 large format
processing and printing processes based around the Zone System and wild print
developer manipulations to alter image output. Wonderful and Ruinously
Expensive!

Bien cordialement de Metz
Philippe