[LRflex] Re: Possibly Stupid Scanner Question

  • From: Chris L <speleo_karst@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 23:23:40 -0800 (PST)

----- Original Message ----
From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxx>
To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sat, March 13, 2010 2:52:09 AM
Subject: [LRflex] Re: Possibly Stupid Scanner Question

Thanks for the feedback Chris on your scanner choice.
I have the Minolta 5400 on my 'radar' as an option, too.
It's one with scsi interface (iirc) and sells at a nice discount to the
usb/firewire scanners. Since I've got a scsi capable computer (Wallstreet
Powerbook G3) and access to acquiring desktops at nominal cost, scsi doesn't
bother me if I can save oodles of cash up front.

My 5400 is certainly USB (and Firewire) equipped. It was also an early one as I
bought it soon after it came out, so you might be thinking of another model....