[LRflex] Re: Politics are unavoidable

  • From: Harry Standel <RVBayExplorer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 21:08:54 -0500

Greetings,
If you think that politics can be separated from photography?or
anything else?in my view your sadly mistaken. So disgusted am I that
I just unsubscribed to this forum. But rather than simply disappear I
thought I?d leave you with the following. Some years ago I subscribed
to another photo forum  (mflenses.com) which I thought was just up my
alley. In fact I thought it was a great forum! And for years read
emails and was an active participant. Well last November someone from
Canada took some shots of Remembrance Day in Canada and I put my two
cents worth in suggesting somewhat naively that all should view a
particularly touching documentary film entitled ?Section 60? which is
the section of Arlington National Cemetery reserved for U.S.
fatalities of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
I received a particularly vitriolic answer from the forum?s
administrator (whose name is Attila -from Budapest, Hungary)
condemning the U.S.

I answered with the following email that I thought was unremarkable:

Well Attila?I, for one,  don?t condone war and while I respect your
photographic skills I might have a bit of a dispute with you
concerning the need for certain wars???maybe like World War II!

I don?t know if you really believe that the Nazi armed conquest of
Europe was potentially a good thing or if you think the ?Arrow Cross
Party? in Hungary were a just a ?nice? group of guys. I really can?t
bring myself to believe that you?d like having a swastika flying over
city hall in Budapest but even if you did I suspect that you can?t
believe that the 40 year Cold War, fought, as a practical matter
exclusively by the US was a waste of time.

But likewise if there were no resistance by the US to either Adolph
Hitler or the Soviet Union you?d likely be celebrating either
Hitler?s or Joseph Stalin?s birthday. And there wouldn?t be any Ebay
to buy lenses.

He then removed both his and my emails and answered me off-line?.with
an email that you should read?in its entirety as follows:

4 Feb 2007 Total posts:  24985
[13.45% of total / 25.14 posts per day]
www.hqdesign.eu Occupation:  software developer Interests:
photography,animals

From: Attila To: badgerhill Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:56 pm Subject:
ww2
I did remove my answer , because we have nice free world , please
continue in pm if you would like talk about it. Hungarians had no
problem with German Army ever. We had problem with Red Army a lot and
his followers still today. History always written by winner, this is
for sure. Why USA went to WWII ? War wasn't in their homeland , why
had to die American soldiers? Why they made mass killing in Japan
with Nuclear bombs, Carpet bomb in Dresden? or in Vietnam? Easy to
say Hitler and Stalin were bad figures, need to count their opponents
too. America went to war at WW2 simple for money, Germany didn't paid
back his loan what winners forced to Germany after WW1. This is one
of the nastiest reason what I can imagine, send to war my own people
just for money. Regime of Hitler wasn't worst than any others
nowadays. Millions of Germans did love him, he did more for own
nation than anybody else before. We had no same leader than him. We
had idiot aristocrats who didn't care poor Hungarians on same way
when Jews did it. Same time when palaces of Budapest built for Jews,
millions of Hungarians were without foods. Hitler made mistakes for
sure like everybody else. So I don't think so we have worst world now
if Germans won. In fact I never seen better nation than Germans from
every aspects. They are most trustworthy people in mass amount what I
know. America (Israel) in their wars did kill lot more people than
Germans and Hungarians ever did it. So who is wrong who is good only
matter of power. One thing surely wrong to kill people , no matter
this is done by Germans, Hungarians or Americans. In killing no
difference even if Americans like to promote their bullshit they
fight for good things. They fight only for money nothing else, this
was in past and today too. They really not care those people who is
living in IRAQ or Afghanistan for example ,care only for own "fat"
businesses. When war is started in Afghanistan America did promise
everything for people, Afghans won on ground for America without them
America will lost lot of life and never won. What kept from their
promise ? Nothing .... Peace is not good for America, need to sell
guns.. need to take money from American tax payers etc. Disgusting..

  Please visit Ebay shop
and my company site
http://www.hqdesign.eu/

Needless to say I?ve unsubscribed to his forum since Fascists are
really not my cup of tea. In the final analysis, regardless of who
likes Leica lenses or anything else I?d rather not communicate with
someone whose political views may be horrific and of which I'm
totally ignorant.
Harry