[LRflex] Re: New member introduction

  • From: Paul Hadlow <hadlow@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 18:43:45 -0500

Gary,

Thanks for the tip. My SL still uses mercury batteries, and has the red (breakable) lens release tab - I was thinking of getting them updated during a CLA. I previously owned a Canon F1 which was solid as a tank, but not great on refinement IMO, so this is a nice change. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Gary E" <ge_crocus@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 14:35:21 -0500
From: Paul Hadlow <hadlow@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [LRflex] New member introduction

Hello fellow LeicaReflex members,
I've just joined the forum as I'm getting back into
photography after a
two-decade absence.   After researching Leica M and R
systems, I
decided to buy a Leicaflex SL with a 50mm F2.0 (thank
you to Douglas Herr,
Karen Nakamura and others for their detailed
reviews), and am looking
forward to rediscovering the creative aspects of
picture making.  Perhaps
a digital SLR is in the future, if/when Leica comes
out with an R10...

In the meantime, I'm focused on learning how 35mm can
be integrated
with the latest in digital presentation, editing and
storage.  I'm sure
this forum will provide a great opportunity to share
information and meet
other Leica photography buffs.

Paul Hadlow