[LRflex] Re: New member introduction

  • From: Steve Barbour <kididdoc@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 09:04:33 -0700

On Jan 2, 2008, at 4:23 AM, Christopher Birchenhall wrote:

Paul

Welcome. I am a relative new comer myself and I too started with Leica
reflex under the influence of Doug in buying a SL2 from a local
dealer. It is a decision I have not regretted for one moment; the SL2
is a great camera. I believe the SL is very similar. I have found this
group very informative although it seems to be quieter these days. The
termination of the DMR and an apparent shake out of R kit from Leica
produced something of a dark cloud over the series. The R10 is eagerly
awaited but we seem to be left with little more than speculation for
now.

hi Chris... welcome...

I know you from your fine work I have seen elsewhere...

Doug gave you great advice...

Just because there is no new R camera at the moment, should not slow us down here,
as we can use the equipment  we have...

That should keep us going for the next 20-50 years...

so taking and showing photos is where it's at...

don't stop,

Steve

Currently my photography is predominantly based on film. I use C41 and
E6 films and have them developed at labs. I scan from film with a
Nikon scanner and use Photoshop for relatively simple editing. Pretty
standard stuff, but it works for me. While storage has two dimensions
("shoe box" and disks for scans) you do have the reassurance that the
"shoe box" is a pretty stable backup.

Chris B

On 31/12/2007, Paul Hadlow <hadlow@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello fellow LeicaReflex members,

I've just joined the forum as I'm getting back into photography after a two-decade absence. After researching Leica M and R systems, I decided to
buy a Leicaflex SL with a 50mm F2.0 (thank you to Douglas Herr, Karen
Nakamura and others for their detailed reviews), and am looking forward to rediscovering the creative aspects of picture making. Perhaps a digital SLR
is in the future, if/when Leica comes out with an R10...

In the meantime, I'm focused on learning how 35mm can be integrated with the latest in digital presentation, editing and storage. I'm sure this forum will provide a great opportunity to share information and meet other Leica
photography buffs.

Paul Hadlow