[LRflex] Re: New Member with Leicaflex Standard Questions?

  • From: "Aram Langhans" <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 08:51:19 -0800

Welcome and look forward to seeing some photos.

As others have stated before on either this list or the LUG, the Flex, being
a massive beast, while maybe not the best street shooter, can server as a
means of self defense in a pinch.  With a sturdy strap and a healthy swing
you can hold 2 or 3 thugs at bay.  Now if you had a Rolleiflex like I do, it
may even be able to hold off 4 or 5 thugs, but you need a sturdier strap
than the original Rollei one.

As far as lenses to, I have a 35/2 and a 50/2 and both are marvelous pieces
of glass.  Those should match up with what you have for the M so I am not
sure if you want to duplicate or go into new territory.  I have the 90/2.8,
but wish I had the 90/2 as at times I find the 2.8 a bit limiting and
perhaps a bit softer than what I understand the 2 to be.

So, again, welcome and post when you get a lens and some shots.  Interesting
to see how an experienced M street shooter views the world with a Flex in
hand.

Aram