[LRflex] Re: New Member with Leicaflex Standard Questions?

  • From: "Aram Langhans" <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 10:26:43 -0800

I guess I should clarify a bit.  When I compare the softness of the Elmar,
the only thing I have close to that focal length to compare to is the
100/2.8 APO Macro, which of course is in a class by itself, but perhaps too
sharp for portrait work, and it is heavy.  Just about anything will appear
soft compared to that lens.  I have not converted the 90 Elmar to Nikon
mount yet, put perhaps I will just for comparison to see what it can do on
my D7000.  I do not have a 90 summicron to compare to.  And I have the first
version, which on Doug's web page is stated that the second version is
superior in terms of performance, size and weight.  So, I guess if you don't
need 2.0, then look for the second version and it will satisfy all your
needs.

Aram