[LRflex] New Member with Leicaflex Standard Questions?

  • From: G <leicamshooter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 14:16:53 -0800

Hello everyone:

I'm a new member with a recently purchased Leicaflex standard MKII. I've been a
long time M shooter (M3,M2, IIIG)As a streetshooter, I''ve only ever used a
50mm and 35mm lens. Something about the Leicaflex kept tugging at me,
especially this finder I heard so much about.

I still don't have a lens for my camera but am hunting one down on the popular
auction site. Can't say enough about how impressed I am by the camera... I walk
around the house winding and shooting. Heavy beast however, without a lens!

How many of you use the standard for street photography? What's your experience
with it versus an M camera with a 35 or 50mm lens.  Part of my reason for
trying out the Leicaflex is that as a glasses wearer, I have a hard time with
framelines on my M's.

If I should invest in a full black paint enamel paint job/CLA, can Sherry or
Don address any issues I may have in future with the meter, mirror, prism, etc?

Thank you,
Gonzalo