[LRflex] Re: Hot Foot!

  • From: wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 08:58:46 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>At 05/04/2008, you wrote:
>>David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>> >http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/Horse/shoe.htm
>> >

>>Very good series, David!  I especially like the last photo.  This
>>farrier seems to be one of the better ones, measuring the angle at
>>least (some just eyeball it).  Using as few nails as nessesary to
>>keep the shoe on is another sign of a good farrier, as is PICKING UP
>>THE @#*! TRIMMED ENDS OF THE NAILS!!
>

>Oh... so you've had flat tires, too, eh?

It's not just flat tires.  When the horse gets one stuck in his hoof and it
gets infected... big vet bills and the horse can't be ridden for at least a
month, then has to be re-conditioned.  Our farrier is quite good about cleaning
up, but one of the girls boarding her horse with us uses a farrier who is't so
careful so I go over the area with a magnet after this farrier works on our
property.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com