[LRflex] Re: Hello, everybody

  • From: William Abbott <wbabbott3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 08:27:02 -0700

Marc,

Hello from California. I agree with Flavio: your Mujer de Agua is =20
ethereal, a favorite word of mine.

I enjoyed looking at your personal photos and your extensive =20
commercial graphic work as well.

The Rangiroa atoll, Tuamotu archipelago, palm picture

(which i found at http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/landscape-=20=

travel/1071-lagon-bleu.html)

is about as "picture perfect" as any picture I have ever seen; it is =20
one for the book.

All the best,

Bill

On Jun 27, 2007, at 2:52 AM, foto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hello to eveybody

I=92m a new member here. Answering to a Xavier=92s suggestion, just a =
little
introduction:
I live in Spain, I=92m a graphic designer, and take photos from the =20
70=92s. I
bought my first SLR with 17 years, a Practika LTL3. Later I used some
Nikon=92s ones, until 2000, when I got my R 6.2, whose I=92m still in =
love.
Fixed lenses are actually: Elmarit 24, Summicron 50, Apo-Macro 100 and
Apo-Telyt 180 (the old one).
Zooms are: Vario-Elmar 35-70 and 70-210. I=92m waiting for the 21-35 I =20=

just
bought the last sunday through an eBay auction ;-). For scanning I use a
Nikon 5000ED.
In a parallel way, I=92m just beginning with Digilux 3, although I think =
shall need a long, long time before achieve some correct result with =20
it !

The pictures I take, may be resumed in two matters: the local ones, and
travel ones.
In the local ones, I observe natural elements, simples things, as =20
waves on
the seashore, or the passage of time, through architecture details or
rusty items. This kind of pictures were the nucleus of some =20
exhibitions I
did here (only local ones, nothing important)
This kind of pictures is available in my website (well, it=92s a graphic
design one, and only in Spanish actually, sorry):
http://www.marcdufour.net

The travel pictures are about the usual subjects everybody shots in this
case: landscapes, people=85 Maybe with an slight predilection for the
seashore. You'll can see it in the Leica User Forum:
http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/search.php?searchid=3D218887

That=92s all, guys. Comments welcome, and thanks for your forbearance!
Regards,
Marc