[LRflex] Re: Erwin Puts on the DM-R

  • From: "Neil Gould" <neil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "leicareflex digest users" <ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 07:39:53 -0500

Hi Elliot,

Recently, you wrote:

> From: "Dr. Puritz" <drpuritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 08:57:49 -0400
>
> Hi Neil:  An interesting case could be made for Leica becoming a
> "lens only" company ( as has Tamaron and Sigma for example ).
> However, as others have posted, competing companies will discourage
> the sale of Leica lenses for use in their cameras by making cleaver
> changes in the way that such Leica lenses interact with their cameras
> ( speaking mainly of digital SLR cameras of course ).

I was probably too brief with my comment, as I meant to suggest that Leica
could team Panasonic to produce a body that accepted R lenses, just as
they have with the Lumix offerings. As in the case of the digital M
concept, I wonder if there are enough of us R users to warrant the effort
of making a strictly manual-focus digital camera?

Regards,

Neil