[LRflex] Re: Erwin Puts on the DM-R

  • From: DBaker9128@xxxxxxx
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 03:23:26 EDT

In a message dated 8/31/2005 12:03:03 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Dynamic  range is probably not the issue, as decent digital cameras can
capture a  broad range of light values.

Well, that's not my understanding, nor is it Fuji's which brought out the  S3
with special mini pixels to expand the limited dynamic range of other dslrs
by two stops. I found Erwin's review
to hint at sour grapes. He says sharp lenses are not needed with digital  but
then praises the Olympus zoom for that very attribute, dynamic range is
ignored, criticizing Leica for no auto focus when he didn't have a problem with

manual focus before. I wonder if there was a falling out?

Doug from Tumwater